Sunday 31 August 2008


This pic has a story behind it. I have known this girl as a carefree child running around in a paavadai selling greens. Whenever she was a around I always made it a point to buy something from her because of her smiling face and cheerful nature. Then I became busy with Appa and didn't notice that she hadnt been around for quite some time. Afew days back I noticed a familiar face on the pavement selling greens with a child on her lap. Yesterday I went up to her to confirm if she was the girl I used to know. Yes she was.She had married 2 years back and now was a mother and she was back again selling greens. But what a change.The cheerful girl running around without a care in the world had suddenly turned into a mother who couldnt move around but was still selling the same greens. Even the expression on her face was so serious. It is a pity motherhood had changed her so much.

No comments: